Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hair Regimen

Currently my hair care regimen consists of washing my hair  with a sulfate-free shampoo and deep condition with heat at least once a week. I also co-wash my hair with a low-cost conditioner such as Suave Naturals or Herbal Essence at lease once a week, but sometimes twice a week. Because my hair has not reached a length that allows me to pull it back in a bun, I normally wear my hair in a twist out or a wash and go.

I find that when my hair is out I tend to mess in it more often then I would like. When I notice that I am putting my hands in my hair too often or I begin to feel anxious about my hair, I simply wear it in a protective style that will not require anything more that adding moisture. Some protective styles I would recommend for shorter length hair include: flat twists, mini twists, corn rows, and sew-in weaves(this has worked wonders for some)... and yes, they have weaves that mimic our kinky coiled hair so you can still achieve that natural look.

I hope I have given you some tools that you can add to your regimen. Please leave comments or suggestions letting me know what you think.

Until next time....

Love Me So Naturally

3 comments:

  1. im still trynig to get a solid reggie. I mainly do wash and go's now. Btw love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, NeNe! It's still a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited about my progress. At first I was scared to wear my hair natural even after I stopped perming because of the length. Since then I have read so much info (alot you provided) and watch videos of hair styling that I am tickled pink about my curls! Thank you for always being obedient and helping the cause! Still siked!

    ReplyDelete